We respect your privacy
- We respect your right to privacy and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors in accordance with all applicable privacy laws. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the terms of this policy and the types of disclosure covered by this policy. If you do not agree with such terms or you have any questions about our handling of your personal information, please contact us by phone or email to discuss.
- "Personal information" is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. Our veterinarians, veterinary support and other staff, from time to time, also create and maintain records relating to the animals under their care, in accordance with their legal and professional obligations, which may incorporate or refer to personal information. You might also need to provide us with personal information about other individuals (e.g. your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them about this policy.
Purpose of the collection of personal information
- We collect personal information for the purposes of providing veterinary services to your pet. These purposes also include communication with you about upcoming appointments, health checks, vaccination schedoles and other veterinary related matters, such as responding to your questions and providing you with information or advice about your pet, or for administration of billing, debt recovery, complaint management, quality assurance, service improvement and/or product development, and training.
- The information we collect from you may include your name, phone number, address and email address, to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order, your pet ownership details and if applicable, insurance details for the treatment of your pet. We may collect additional information at other times, including when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our staff.
- We may also collect other information as required under applicable veterinary surgeons legislation.
- If you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information including information relating to your employment history, work eligibility rights and referee details, for the purposes of considering your application for employment.
How we collect your personal information
- We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including from information that is publicly available, or when you interact with us electronically, by phone or in person, or when you access our website, and when we provide our services to you. We may also receive personal information from third parties such as your pet insurer or previous or referring veterinarian. If we do, we will protect it as set out in this policy.
- If you choose not to provide certain information about you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
- If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the products or services you, or they, are seeking.
Use of your personal information
- We may use personal information collected from you to provide you with services, information or updates. We may also use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs, and/or make you aware of new or additional products, services and opportunities.
- We may use personal information to contact you by a variety of measures including, telephone, email, SMS or mail.
Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors, or related bodies corporate, to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Your personal information may also be disclosed to other veterinary care professionals (such as veterinary pathologists), in accordance with our professional obligations, or to your pet insurer (if applicable), while providing you with veterinary services. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services or if you have consented or requested us to do so.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, or in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or the relevant veterinary surgeons board (or equivalent).
- We may also disclose your personal information to protect our copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety, or the safety of our customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the United States.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality.
- We woold seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will use all reasonable endeavours to request that the third party has practices which are consistent with this policy in handling personal information.
Security of your personal information
- We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us. Although we take measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personal information that we collect will not be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the privacy laws that apply to us. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you woold like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances as permitted by applicable privacy laws.
Will your personal information be used for direct marketing?
- We will use and disclose your personal information for direct marketing, including keeping you informed of products and services and new developments we consider may be of interest to you. You may request that you not receive direct marketing communications at any time by emailing us.
- If we have collected personal information about you from third parties, we will only use that information for direct marketing purposes with your consent (unless an exception applies under applicable privacy laws).
- If we use your personal information in this way, we will give you the opportunity in each direct marketing communication to request not to receive further direct marketing communications.
- When you visit our website
- When you visit our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, or website visited immediately before coming to our site. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyze how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third party sites
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personal identifiable information.
Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to the Privacy Officer, VetPartners Australia and New Zealand, Unit 1 Macquarie Link, 277 Lane Cove Road, Macquarie Park, New South Wales, Australia 2113. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- Please be aware that we may change this policy from time to time. and all variations will be effective immediately upon posting the revised policy on our website. Please check back from time to time to review this policy.