COVID - 19
Level-2.0 government covid-19 restrictions. The following conditions will exist as part of running Blockhouse Bay Vet Centre over upcoming days under the new Level-2.0 rules.
There are some measures that will be in place for level 2 at the clinic that are designed to help minimise risk to both clients and staff of any potential community transmission of the covid-19 virus.
1) Access into the clinic by clients under level 2 will start MONDAY March 8th and clinic hours will continue to be 8am – 6pm Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 2pm Saturday.
2) Client access into the clinic at level 2 has to be controlled and limited to maintain appropriate social distancing requirements. Reduced seating will be present in the waiting room to allow this to occur. If reception appears busy, please wait and allow others to leave before you enter.
3) We are fully aware that it is not physcially possible for people entering the clinic to be more than 2m away from other people (including staff) at all times, therefore all persons interacting face-to-face with clinic staff should wear facemasks. That includes visits for collecting supplies and consultations with the vets.
4) It is therefore a requirement for coming into the clinic building that you should wear a facemask. If you cannot wear a mask or refuse to wear a mask, please stay in the car park and ring the clinic number for assistance.
5) We will have a table in front of reception with the eftpos machine on it for payments. This is to maintain distance between the staff member at reception taking payment and yourself. We would still encourage the use of card payment, especially paywave, over cash at level-2.
6) We would still very much encourage the phoning in ahead of time to order your food, flea, worming, treat requirements so that they can be ready when you arrive. This will speed up collection and reduce congestion in the reception area.
7) The Covid-tracher QR poster will be at reception and clients are required by law to use this if you have a smart phone. A paper based system will be present for those unable to use the QR tracker.